• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Really confused can anyone help?

Hi I am new to this forum so bare with me. I was rushed into hospital in July 2017 with very severe stomach pains and the feeling of wanting bowel movement even though I had been regular and no problems. Once at A&E I was informed that my colon was totally full! They admitted me and shortly after I had the worst diarrhea ever every 15 minutes and then was also losing blood! To cut a long story short I was kept in for 12 days and my levels were all going crazy they done a sigmoidoscopy only of lower bowel and tests to see if any infection which they found none. I was eventually discharged with no diagnosis and very bad stomach pains which went on for months until I contacted my GP who then referred me to gastro. My feacal calprotectin levels were over 600 and still are. I eventually had colonoscopy which they diagnosed a very unusual stricture in transverse colon. I have since had barium enema and the radiologist said that if we were in India he would diagnose me with TB which blood test lasted showed I didn’t have. I have since then had ct and mri scans and numerous blood tests. I saw my gastro consultant yesterday who says he is 75% sure it’s crohns so has put me on prednisolone and also wants to do another colonoscopy whilst I am on these meds. Can anyone tell me if crohns can come on out of the blue and any advice or feedback? Thank you

Welcome. I am sorry for all you have been through. I would say it is likely to come on out of the clear. With a fecal calprotectin that high it is likely to be some form of ibd. I wish you the best
Keep us updated.