• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Really fed up at the moment

Hey all,

I'm 33 yo, diagnosed with Crohns in 2007...married with a beautiful, perfect 5 month old baby girl.

I'm currently on maternity leave, and since my LO was 6 weeks old, I've been in a flare which has been varying in intensity. During my pregnancy, I took Humira and Imuran up to the third trimester, and then dropped the Humira. I had a dream pregnancy...my Crohns basically disappeared & I felt amazing. Had a perfect labour with my little girl and now it's all gone to hell.

I started back on Humira and a course of Deltacortril 5 weeks ago, in conjunction with the Imuran, and now at the moment I'm worse than ever. The last week has just been non-stop cramping (the pain is horrendous and worsens with each day). My stomach is so distended I basically look 6 months pregnant again. I've been vomiting and had a bit of diarrhoea (although diarrhoea isn't really a major issue for me in general)

I am EXHAUSTED and disillusioned. I want to be the best mother I can be but it's hard after a sleepless night of cramps. My husband is wonderful but he works fulltime, so until he gets home in the evening, I have to do the best I can. I feel like I'm being robbed of this precious time with my baby girl, who is a joy - such a happy, beautiful little lady.

Just feeling really pissed off and very sorry for myself. So I'm here to vent and rant and hopefully get a little support from like minded people.

Thanks for reading :)

nogutsnoglory

I know you want to be the best mother you can be but you also need to care for yourself in order to be that proactive mom. Don't judge or pressure yourself, you are doing the best you can. What's important now is that you get better and find the appropriate treatment for your disease. Thankfully your husband is there to help with your baby and hopefully soon you too can be more involved in your child's life.

I'm so sorry this has happened right after the most joyous time of your life. I have heard many women say that they had no symptoms when they were pregnant and you wonder why can't your body continue on that way fighting it off? It makes no sense to me. I wish I had some sort of answer for you. The best advice I can give you is to get a 2nd opinion and maybe try a new med. I will hope and pray you get some relief for yourself and little one.:ghug: