• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Really, Klean Prep, you spawn of Satan! (HELP) :O

I was supposed to drink 4 litres of the stuff (four sachets), could only manage one last night and one this morning, so two overall (colonoscopy at 1:30pm, yay me).

So, have I dun goofed? I just can't drink anymore of the stuff and the thought of it makes me fume! Didn't think it was possible to hate a powder solution but I do, they should just call this shhtuff "Flare in a glass!" .... nausea, terrible cramps, running to the toilet etc I haven't felt like this since when I was first diagnosed, doesn't help that I've had nothing to eat for 24hrs and that was a scrambled egg, have had nothing decent to eat since Saturday and I'm in a state here ....... oh my, went off on a tangent.

Soooooo, what are the chances two sachets are suffice as opposed to the the recommended four .... ?

:HELP:

Hi, yes it's "satins spit" for sure. You aren't going to like what I'm about to say, but I've had to drink that crap 6 different times. Once, I didn't finish and they couldn't do the procedure so I had to drink it again. My experience is that if you don't finish, they cancel and you have to do it again. It sucks soooo bad. I usually just plan to hang in the bathroom.
Call your Dr. If you can.

Good luck!!!!

If when you go to the bathroom it is "clear" (meaning you can see through it, not that it is colorless) you should be okay. Are you past the cutoff of even drinking water?

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I agree that the colonoscopy prep is murder! But, that seems to go for any prep. I honestly don't know if 2 will work instead of 4. But, all you can do is your best and admit to that when you go in. That's what I did with my flex sig last week. I couldn't get the whole 2 enemas in me either. Good luck & I hope this will all be over for you soon. :hug:

Thanks, peeps! I have another 55 minutes before I have to stop any form of liquids, I guess I'll just neck as many waters as I can, just read the Klean prep leaflet, they suggest calling the hospital so they know before hand.

As for my poop, it's almost see through I guess, I'll re examine in a bit. Man, I just want some food in mah belly, I'm hungry. :3

Thanks again, everyone, I'll ring the doctors now.

Hey, that's a good point that I didn't think of. If you're pooping clean, you should be good. If there's any stool or color, they probably can't see what they need to. As crossstich said, do your best. We can only do what we can do.
Keep us posted! I just don't want you to have to redo it, but you can't get sick over it. Xxoo

I've drank less than the required amount before now. I did ring the radiology deparment and checked with them it was ok and they didn't have a problem with it. Some people don't need cleaning out as much as others, so the instructions can be individualised.

Guess you're probably done by now though? Hope the test goes well.

ooohhh the wallpaper paste....i have refused to take it and instead get picolax or fleet,does same thing but all you take is ONE cup of fluid,not even 300ml and thats it,let the pissing out your tail pipe commence.....
Not sure if they have it state-side but im sure they have something similar,really all down to money though,kleanprep is cheap shit...

Alright, I'm back, no need for a new thread, even if I'm kinda famous 'round these parts ..... :p

Nah, but the two did suffice, and they drugs weren't super awesome, ZOMG, my doctor has turned into a giant carton of prune juice! @_@ they just made me hella drowsy but man, could I still fell the pain from the wind they shoot up ya bum, all in all it was sore, but just bearable.

Funny conversation between me and my nurse during the procedure, she told me I could look at the monitor, so I did and then I almost passed out, being able to see my insides was ..... odd to say the least, when I said, "nope, nope, don't wanna look" she asked why, I then said, " it makes me sick to my stomach" ..... the irony was delicious.

@Hainman, I'm a fellow celt, hailing from the mean streets of Dublin 4, Ireland! :biggrin:

Hail hail IamThewalrus....
Glad you survived the poo juice.....aye its not a pretty sight and feckin sore when they inflate yer gut....

Glad you were able to get the procedure done! I couldn't finish mine for my first procedure either. I started vomiting and just couldn't get through the rest. Now I do the dulcolax/miralax prep and it's SO much more tolerable. If I HAVE to drink a million ounces of liquid in two hours I'd rather have it be Gatorade than salty medicine water.

Hey all, regarding the results, I vaguely remember the nurse saying that everything went fine and they took biopsies, according to them they do that all the time. She also gave me a letter which I haven't read yet, maybe I should. lol

Man, I think I should have had a small meal when I came home instead of scoffing my face. I feel so bloated it's ridonkulous.

How long after a colonoscopy do you start to feel yourself again? I feel like I'm preggers sitting here. :O

it took me days to feel.....eh....myself......but then again myself being a toilet hogger at the best of times i should have asked them to leave the hose in to plug me up....