• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Really proud!

Just wanted to say that did my humira injection on my own for the first time today!
It hasn't quite started working just yet, so I'm still feeling pretty grim.
But I'm just proud of myself for getting on with it and not faffing around. Plus, it didn't hurt nearly as much as I remember from last time!

So yes, bit of a random post, I just wanted to tell someone!

Last edited:
I'm proud of you! If it was me....I don't know if I could. I get so faint around needles. Faffing around would be the least of what I do to avoid it...I'd probably work on pulling out teeth first. It probably gets better every time too. Anyway, I think that is huge news. Good work lady!!!

PsychoJane

Congratulation Lucinda! = ]

Are you guys using or planing to use the pen or the needle?

I prefer the pen... even though they hurt like b*tch. I don't like dealing with the needle so it's better for me. Some are unable to deal with the sound/pain from it... I guess both ways have their advantages. The needle hurts less as you time your shot at the speed you want. Anyway, I would suggest the novice to try both manner at the beginning!

Last edited:
Congrats! It does feel good to know you can do it on your own. I use the pen so I don't have to look at the needle, I think my hands would shake too bad to inject if I had to watch it go in. :D

Thanks Guys! You're all so lovely! All your super comments really cheered me up!

@Ethan- You'll be fine! Just don't think about it too much! I found my tummy is better than my thigh, but that's only because I'm carrying a bit of "insulation" around my middle......

@PsychoJane- I was only offered the pens, I don't think that I could use the syringe myself. I like not seeing the needle and knowing that the depth and speed etc is controlled (I just have to press the button!)

PsychoJane

I second you with the tummy. It is much better there for me aswell... that's my only fat left... if I do them in the thighs, I end up bruised.