• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Recently Diagnosed

Hi,

I was recently diagnosed with Crohn's in what I gather is a typically roundabout fashion. I can't link to URLs apparently but it's on:

medium dot com / @MedicalJohnDoe

Awesome story JohnDoe, sounds similar to what I've gone through the last couple of years, just don't let them talk you out of any healthy organs like they did with me. I would just go to the ER day after day after day and while they did nothing, I spent enough money last year to get a pretty hefty write off on my taxes.

I also get my stuff without any of these friggin idiots they call doctors here in the U.S. We can go to Mexico or order it from India where they get 80% of the pharma's from anyways. I'm going to finish reading your story tomorrow but I'd pull the info about getting scrip from a family member unless they are already retired they could get in trouble, just say you got it online or something.

Great writeup, get on an AIP diet in the meantime, if your going to take an antibiotic you need to be off sugar like grains, bread, juices, even fruits, because of thrush/yeast/candida which is very opportunistic and many say all these gut problems are fungal related.

When I finally got tired of being ill I went to many NP and alternative doctors, was tested for lyme disease by igenix so many people said the test was positive I treated with antibiotics, hope you picked the right one. Sometimes they make you feel better for awhile but the pathogens are smarter than the antibiotics now and they either go into an encysted form and wait it out, or they have biofilms as all bacteria does, so consider taking some biofilm busters while on the abx. Google best medical writing + biofilm wars serratia serrapeptese is the best, hope I don't get in trouble for giving out medical advice, not a doctor, just been spending years following people who can't get well and moved to a paleo diet along with supercharging immunity, do sauna (detox), and hot epsom baths to reduce inflammation (pain relief!), lots of little tricks I've learned got close to remission last summer, hoping for the same again this summer.

Awesome story JohnDoe, sounds similar to what I've gone through the last couple of years, just don't let them talk you out of any healthy organs like they did with me. I would just go to the ER day after day after day and while they did nothing, I spent enough money last year to get a pretty hefty write off on my taxes.

I also get my stuff without any of these friggin idiots they call doctors here in the U.S. We can go to Mexico or order it from India where they get 80% of the pharma's from anyways. I'm going to finish reading your story tomorrow but I'd pull the info about getting scrip from a family member unless they are already retired they could get in trouble, just say you got it online or something.

Great writeup, get on an AIP diet in the meantime, if your going to take an antibiotic you need to be off sugar like grains, bread, juices, even fruits, because of thrush/yeast/candida which is very opportunistic and many say all these gut problems are fungal related.

When I finally got tired of being ill I went to many NP and alternative doctors, was tested for lyme disease by igenix so many people said the test was positive I treated with antibiotics, hope you picked the right one. Sometimes they make you feel better for awhile but the pathogens are smarter than the antibiotics now and they either go into an encysted form and wait it out, or they have biofilms as all bacteria does, so consider taking some biofilm busters while on the abx. Google best medical writing + biofilm wars serratia serrapeptese is the best, hope I don't get in trouble for giving out medical advice, not a doctor, just been spending years following people who can't get well and moved to a paleo diet along with supercharging immunity, do sauna (detox), and hot epsom baths to reduce inflammation (pain relief!), lots of little tricks I've learned got close to remission last summer, hoping for the same again this summer.
If you are on an antibiotic and taking a probiotic, you might want to double up on the probiotic while you are on the antibiotic. Best to you.