• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Recovery

How long post surgery did you start to feel a difference.
What I mean by this is how long did it take to get your energy back and digestion to start to work a bit better.
I have a transverse colostomy where they left a bit of the large intestine and sowed it to my abdomen and most of my large bowel is still in there resting and will get re-joined after it heals and rest's

Tony H

How long post surgery did you start to feel a difference.
What I mean by this is how long did it take to get your energy back and digestion to start to work a bit better.
I have a transverse colostomy where they left a bit of the large intestine and sowed it to my abdomen and most of my large bowel is still in there resting and will get re-joined after it heals and rest's
I had a full colectomy so a bit different than yours , im over two weeks after surgery and my digestion through the bag is fairly good , my energy levels are very low still , im doing a few walks of 200 m daily but I find climbing any steps energy sapping ,
hope you feel better soon .

I had an open surgery total colectomy. It took about 2 months to begin any sort of energy level and about 4 months for digestion to straighten out.