• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Rectal bleeding

I am having many episodes of rectal bleeding each day. I notified GI on Monday and in Wednesday he ordered labs shich came back normal. His advice was to see how things play out. I know that it canot be normal to have rectal bleeding. I am at my wits ends and am not sure what to do at this point.

Agree - if you are passing blood go to someone else. It could just be a severe case of proctitis, but you need to get it checked. Could be a fissure or something else that could get infected very easily.

Some of these doctors, I have no idea how they completed medical school....

I would hold off on the fiber as well until you see a new GI (or multiple new GIs). Cutting down meat, especially red meat and any processed meats, is not a bad idea but you will still need some protein. You can get some protein from nuts if you are able to eat them, but be sure they have been ground into a paste with no solid bits remaining. Also don't eat any raw vegetables - make sure everything is fully cooked. And avoid anything that's overly greasy or spicy.

my little penguin

Staff member
I thought the ER gave you a referral to a couple of gi’s
Most Gi are not permitted to refer to another gi
Especially at another hospital
Only your pcp can give that type of referral or ER docs

I thought the ER gave you a referral to a couple of gi’s
Most Gi are not permitted to refer to another gi
Especially at another hospital
Only your pcp can give that type of referral or ER docs

The provider in the hospital was going to talk to other GIs but I don’t think he did. I will have to talk to my PCP although my GI gave me a referral to another GI many years ago. The hospital provider prescribed me 40 mg for 10 days so I will have to talk to my GI on how to taper off it.