• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Rectovaginal fistula

Hello everyone I am new to this form and I have a Rectovaginal fistula and the surgeons wants me to have a temporary stoma to let the fistula heal but I do not want to go through another operation. I have a j pouch and I have multiple Fistula’s. Any suggestions other than temporary stoma or anyone that had the same problem as me what did you do?

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Can you tell us what types of medication you are on and/or have been on?

Remicade is known for helping fistulas heal, that is what helped mine.

I have been on Humira which failed and currently on my first infusion for Remicade and Azathioprine. If this doesn’t work then I don’t know what other options I have?

Can you tell us what types of medication you are on and/or have been on?

Remicade is known for helping fistulas heal, that is what helped mine.
Can I ask has your fistula healed? How long did it take you? What were the signs of healing? And how long has it been since then? Did you take any supplements?

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Yes - I had multiple fistulas that healed once I started Remicade. It took only a month or two to see results, and I've been on Remicade for over 12 years now.

No, I do not take any supplements, am only on Remicade right now for my Crohn's.