• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Rectum removal

Hi am new to this page and hope people still use it. Ive had crohns since i was 7 and iam now 31. My first operation was when i was 15 then again when i was 21 then unfortunately when i was 6 1/2 months pregnant my bowel burst which cause our little one to die and leave me with a stoma bag. That was 7 years ago now and neber had the luck of falling again. Ive had umpteen abscesses since then and currently recovering from another and two fistulas with setons in them. Am that fed up ive asked to get my rectum out to see if that will help. Got consultant this week. Has anyone had abscesses before rectal removal and never had any after it?? Hoping it will stop anymore fistulas aswell?? I also have arthritis in my neck due to the crohns and in future will need pins in it to fuse together so 2 major surgeries to come my way ☹ X

Welcome. There is a surgery section in here and I wonder if if would help to repost there allso. Just wondering if you are on any biologic and if you aren't if maybe that would help? I am not a doctor. You should ask a doctor. Let us know how you are.

Welcome. There is a surgery section in here and I wonder if if would help to repost there allso. Just wondering if you are on any biologic and if you aren't if maybe that would help? I am not a doctor. You should ask a doctor. Let us know how you are.
Aw is there. All new to this sorry. Whats biologic?

So sorry to read you've had such a rough time. I'd definitely try to get more info from your doctors. This really is a nasty bark of a disease :(