• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Recurrent Ischemic Colitis with Ulcer left side

Hello,

I'm miserable and feel alone so I'm so glad that I found this place. I went into the hospital on May 18th, left on May 22nd and was diagnosed by the Cleveland Clinic on May 28, 2014. I am 43 years old and this was recurrent from a year prior when they messed up my diagnosis..
I am nauseated beyond anything but compares to when I was pregnant 6, 9 and 11 years ago. I can't make the nausea go away!! :( I am a size 2 now in size 12 cloths! :( I have pain mild compared to what it was but still there and feel just plain sick... :(
I can't force food but probably eat once maybe twice a day. :( I drink lots more now so stay hydrated. I am finally able to take my daily vitamin and vitamin C as well as medication. I am now off all of the medicine that they had me on in the hospital. Should I be on anything to help me with this?
I go to my family Dr. on June 9th. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

nogutsnoglory

Sorry to hear of your pain and diagnosis. I think now that you have been diagnosed you need a gastroenterologist to work with you, a family doctor who doesn't specialize in this area is not sufficient for your crohns care. Your family doctor can work together with that gi. Your GI should discuss medication options to help keep your pain at bay.