• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Referred to mayo

Well after a few good days I started feeling pretty terrible again. My GI was able to get me in next week at mayo clinic in rochester. Kind of crazy to have to make plans that quickly. I am to report at 7am next week. Anyone else come from far away to be treated there? Any help on what to expect?

fuzzy butterfly

Hi jaime, no absolutely none as im in the uk lol. But want to say glad you have got the referal n hope they can get you back on track to feeling good . Love n hugs 💕Mandy

Scipio

I have not been treated there, but I know that Mayo is one of the top IBD centers. Dr. Loftus is especially prominent in IBD research.

I live in Houston, TX and travel to the Cleveland Clinic yearly to see Dr. Bo Shen and Dr. Remzi. The best for people with Jpouches.

I visited a different Mayo (in Scottsdale) and I live 5 hrs from there. It was a pretty good experience- they are professional, streamlined, and are good about accommodating all your testing/dr visits in a short amount of time for you since you don't live there. Just be sure to mention to the scheduler you don't live there and want to maximize the time. Good luck!

Dr. Loftus and his team are excellent. I had a very positive experience and Mayo in Rochester is very organized and thorough.