• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Relation between Crohn's & Hypothermia?

Hi there
Want to know if there is such relation between crohn's disease and hypothermia?
actually I'm complaining from crohn since 5 years ...and the symptoms getting severe at summer and hot weather....
But at last summer something weird has happened to me ...that I was feeling cold at extreamly hot weather which point to hypothermia..
Something is unexplained to me ..
Now at winter I can't feel warm..the symptoms are svere and I feel that my fingers bitten due to very cold weather...
The symptoms getting worse while I'm planning to go bed and sleep....when I get through deep sleep I suddenly wake up because I feel extreme cold and can't warm up my self,sometimes can't breathe ...and wish really to sleep..and by the way I don't have any concerns in my life so I would think about them before I sleep ...
so what's wrong here?

Hello Safa. Welcome to the forum. Have you talk to your Doctor about it? Some people get flares in summer, I don't know why. What kind of medicines are you taking now?

Thank you for being interested...I saw many doctors ..they didin't know about this...they told me that my heart is good , also I tested my Thyroid and it was within range ...
According to medication l used [Metronidazole] for a while , now I stopped that because it afeect me and get me nervous...
Thank you

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome to the community. What you describe is not hypothermia. However, one thing that is common in people with Crohn's disease is vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Two common ones that can lead to cold intolerance are magnesium deficiency and iodine deficiency.

When you take your temperature, what is it usually?

All my best to you.

Thank you So much David..I thought for a while about what you said..I returned back to B complex since one week..I tried that 3 years ago and the result was good..
Accoding to doctors..actually I live in middle east..but I'm trying hard to know what is going on with me..I keep searching and asking if I don't find any use of doctors..