• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Relief for stomach and gastrointestinal issues?

Hi all,

Brand new to the forum. Diagnosed with Crohn's last July. I've had a number of surgeries (primarily incision and drainage of perianal abscesses) and I've been on REMICADE for about 8 months now.

Usually my issues are pain-related by way of abscesses, fissures, hemorrhoids, fistulae, etc.

This past week however I've been dealing with a lot of stomach issues (cramps, stomach aches, diarrhea some days, constipation others.)

So I was wondering, what do you folks do to relieve the pain?

David

Co-Founder
While others can hopefully provide you some short term pain relief insight, I wanted to say that it's time to contact your GI if you haven't recently. With Remicade, you should not be having the symptoms you're experiencing and thus shouldn't have any pain. Something needs to change so you can have long term pain relief.

All my best to you.

Hi all,

Brand new to the forum. Diagnosed with Crohn's last July. I've had a number of surgeries (primarily incision and drainage of perianal abscesses) and I've been on REMICADE for about 8 months now.

Usually my issues are pain-related by way of abscesses, fissures, hemorrhoids, fistulae, etc.

This past week however I've been dealing with a lot of stomach issues (cramps, stomach aches, diarrhea some days, constipation others.)

So I was wondering, what do you folks do to relieve the pain?

You shouldn't be having that kind of problems. I have it on Humira and my Humira nurse is giving me until the end of the month to get better or she is going to suggest to my GI that I be removed/change my meds. You definitely need to get with your GI. I do take BENTYL for the cramps.

Welcome to the forum!

I agree that you should be talking to your GI about these new symptoms and they should be checking your inflammatory markers etc. to see if you have active disease that would require a change of dose or medication or a complication that needs treatment.

I imagine they may also be checking for other causes like an enteric infection as this recent change in symptoms may or may not be a loss of response to Remicade.

Definitely let your GI know and hopefully they can treat the cause of these new symptoms and/or adjust your medication to get your Crohn's under control.

Good luck! And do let us know how you get on!