• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade and Allergies

I'm possibly going to be trying Remicade after my stricture dilatation. The only thing that concerns me is that I've always had pretty severe allergies.
I'd like to know if having allergies will increase my chances of having a nasty reaction to it. Anyone else with allergies tried Remicade with any success?

soupdragon69

ele mental leprechaun
Creepy I have big allergy and intolerance issues. I am on high dose antihistamine (bigger than usual dose for the average bear lol) which involves 2 different strengths of it morning and night.

I honestly havent had any problems allergy wise with the remicade and it was something, like you, that I was very concerned about. I know alot of doctors give their patients paracetamol (for possible increased temperature and any pain with the line insertion) and also antihistamine to cover for allergic reactions. I have been on remicade since spring 07 and nil problems as I said.

So it should in theory help dampen down any possible issues.

Does that help??

soupdragon69 said:
Creepy I have big allergy and intolerance issues. I am on high dose antihistamine (bigger than usual dose for the average bear lol) which involves 2 different strengths of it morning and night.

I honestly havent had any problems allergy wise with the remicade and it was something, like you, that I was very concerned about. I know alot of doctors give their patients paracetamol (for possible increased temperature and any pain with the line insertion) and also antihistamine to cover for allergic reactions. I have been on remicade since spring 07 and nil problems as I said.

So it should in theory help dampen down any possible issues.

Does that help??
That's great. Thanks. :)