• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade and ALT Levels

I had my second infusion of Remicade Friday, and blood tests after.Today I get a call from the doctor saying my ALT is 168-three times what it should be. So now I'm off the Remicade, but still on MTX and Arava, and totally frustrated. The Remi was working great, and I don't know where to go from here *sigh*

How do they know its the remicade?! It could be the methotrexate. I would stop MTX before I stopped remi esp. if the remi is working for you. Get a second opinion.

I guess it's because I've been on MTX for a year and my levels have never gone up that much, but since I just started Remi they figure that's where they want to start looking.

Hmm, well maybe you cant handle the combination of the two. I dunno, I am grasping at straws for you, I guess. It sucks that your ALT levels went up during a treatment thats working for you.

is this thread still available? kinda old but was looking for info on liver enzymmes. mine have always been three digit levels. high digits.. I would try another lab. if remi was working for your IBD, lab could of messed up. dr blows the high level off since I have no symptoms indicating trouble.. thanks for post. hope you're still out here.