• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade and Cancer

I have been researching and I have had trouble finding stats on using Remicade with 6mp...I have heard that you are more likely to develop cancer when using this combination together. I would like to know my chances but have not gotten very far....and insight would be great thank you all for your support!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
:welcome: to the forum! I see your fears, and 6mp is hard on the liver, and Remicade is pretty potent but anyone can get cancer, and it is very rare, I have never heard of any cases of it yet. Just my own theory ask you doctor if you can get off 6mp... it really suppresses your immune system and Remicade does that enough on its own. Just my own theory, not a doctor but 6mp made me ill. :hang: