• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade and Sun Exposure

With the beautiful weather here and summer :ycool: "unofficially" starting this weekend I had a question about Remicade and being in the sun! Are there any side effects or issues to being in the sun with Remicade? I'm a fan of sitting out in the sun with a good book during the summer...while I usually do slather on the sun block because of my very fare, freckly skin, I admit - I'll sit outside for about 20 minutes or so before putting on the sunblock so that my body can soak up the vitamin D, as well as getting a little bit of color.

Has anyone experienced any issues at all? Should I be sitting under a tree this summer?

Thanks!:us_flag:

I've been on azathioprine for seven years and have never been told to watch my sun exposure. Interesting.

I'm on azathioprine and burn very badly if I go out in the sun. It's known to increase your risk of skin cancer.

Well....I burned a little bit yesterday and I even slathered 50 SPF on me! I'm on Prednisone as well, so I don't know if that was the culprit or the Remicade.