• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade assistance

remicade assistance

I think I read on here before about help for costs of remicade.
I just found out my insurance change at the beginning of the year. I dont know why I am getting the first bill now. Last year I did not have to pay for remicade and now this year I have to pay a portion of it. I can not afford this. Help
Thanks
Becky

Thanks for the info. LAst year it was completely covered and this year I just found out, because it takes ins. so long to pay, that i have to pay 10%. It doesnt seem like a lot but about $700 each time is more than i have to pay.

Since ins. is taking forever to pay there portion I have only recieved 1 bill. It is for $700. I know I have another bill of over $500 coming as well.
My last infusion total hospital bill was for $9000. Of coarse ins. only pays a portion of that. The $700 is more than 10% of what ins. paid but less then the total so I have to look into how they got that amount.

I have been getting it at a hospital (didnt know I had a choice and last year I didnt pay anyting so didnt matter). I just get an IV until the remicade comes and the is it. My total charges range from 7000-9000. Ins. pays 3000-4000 of it. I have a 10% coapy until $2500. Now that I am not going to a hospital anymore it will be cheaper.