• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade , joint pain and memory loss

I have been Dx with Crohn’s since 2008 and been on Remicade since 2015. It’s been working well for the intestinal issues. However, for the past year, I have been dealing with joint pain and inflammation as well as memory loss. Should I stop Remicade?

Lady Organic

Staff member
How old are you? I would also talk to a general doctor about those issues, especially the memory loss. Memory can be evaluated in doctors office.
Do not stop Remicade on your own or you risk a relapse of CD.

I have been on Remicade infusion for more than a decade. The last infusion I got, they switched to a generic brand and I have been having stomach cramps that come and go after I eat. I'm going to contact my GI tomorrow to see if I can find out what is going on. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this when they were switched to the generic version?