• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade - lab test frequency? (adults)

I am wondering how often you get blood work while on maintenance Remicade and in remission. If you know what your doctor checks, I'd be interested to know that too!
- mom of an adult with Crohn's

My doctor never orders tests. Once a year I have an appointment. I really think testing should be done. :confused2:

Every time I go in for an infusion (4 week interval) they will draw blood right beforehand for labs. Regular tests include CBC and liver panel. Sometime she monitors ferritin/iron, crp, etc too.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I get bloods drawn every other infusion - so every 4 months. I've been in remission for a while, if there are issues with any bloodwork it would get done more frequently.

I get a full CBC, liver panel, and others. I also get B and D vitamins checked but not every draw.