• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade or Humira?

Hi everyone, my GI has decided to move me forward with Remicade or Humira. He told me I could decide which drug . Remicade was my initial choice, but my health plan calls it a tier 2 drug and will not cover it until the teir 1 drug, in this case Humira is unsuccessful. Where I live I can get funding for Remicade if that is the way I want to go. Just would like to hear from some fellow Crohnies about their experiences with both drugs. Thanks!

DJW

Forum Monitor
I'm fairly new to RRemicade (last Sept). I've had no issues. Infusion day is pretty relaxing.

Hi everyone, my GI has decided to move me forward with Remicade or Humira. He told me I could decide which drug . Remicade was my initial choice, but my health plan calls it a tier 2 drug and will not cover it until the teir 1 drug, in this case Humira is unsuccessful. Where I live I can get funding for Remicade if that is the way I want to go. Just would like to hear from some fellow Crohnies about their experiences with both drugs. Thanks!
and why would you choose remicade over humira ?

I'm in the same situation but I'm going for Humira only because I can make the injection myself