• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade Question.

W

wildewinde

Hi, I've had Crohns now for almost 10 years.. So far I have tried most of the medications availiable with no improvement.. I have recently started Remicade infusion treatments, though they don't seem to be helping.. My question is How many Remicade Infusions does it take before you see any change?.. So far I have had 6 treatments.. I started with the standard time schedule til I got to the 8 weeks, but before I could make 8 weeks, my crohns was so bad the doc added 8 methotrexate pills a week, and changed the schedule to every 6 weeks. Well that didn't work either, so now he wants me to go for Remicade once every 4 weeks and he upped the methotrexate to 10 pills a week.

Be patient wildewinde.
Depending on the person it could take several infusions before it starts to work.
Remember each and everyone of us are different.
Sometimes meds will happen quickly and other times not soon enough.
Ive been taking Remicade for yrs. and my body took to the 4th infusion.Now the dr. has doubled my dosage from 3 vials to 6 vials (it goes by your weight)and it only lasts for 4 wks and the last 4wks. I just suffer nothing he can do.
As the Dr. would say Im just an old crohnie and there is not much he can do for me now except play the waiting game(and pray for a miricle drug)or surgery that I have been avoiding now for 4 yrs.
Goodluck and be patient

W

wi_girl

surprisingly it only took me one and I felt so much better.

W

wildewinde

Thankyou..

Tammy Smith said:
Be patient wildewinde.
Depending on the person it could take several infusions before it starts to work.
Remember each and everyone of us are different.
Sometimes meds will happen quickly and other times not soon enough.
Ive been taking Remicade for yrs. and my body took to the 4th infusion.Now the dr. has doubled my dosage from 3 vials to 6 vials (it goes by your weight)and it only lasts for 4 wks and the last 4wks. I just suffer nothing he can do.
As the Dr. would say Im just an old crohnie and there is not much he can do for me now except play the waiting game(and pray for a miricle drug)or surgery that I have been avoiding now for 4 yrs.
Goodluck and be patient
Tammy, Thankyou for answering my Remicade question.. I really appreciate the encouragement.. sometimes having Crohns can get a person pretty down. I want so bad for the meds to work, and when it doesn't happen right away I get a little discouraged.. Your kind words have given me a bit more hope. I am an old crohnie too, as I am in my 50's now, and have had this now for close to 10 years.. Anyway, thankyou again for the kind words, and for sharing..

W

wildewinde

Thankyou.

wi_girl said:
surprisingly it only took me one and I felt so much better.
Thankyou for responding to my question.. I am happy to hear that the Remicade is working for you.. It give me a bit more hope..