• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade - some hope!

Maya142

Staff member
My older daughter told me today that she met someone through a friend at the arthritis foundation who also has arthritis and is on Remicade. She has been on Remicade for 17 years!! 17!!! She started Remicade very close to when it first came out and is now in her 30s.

I have never heard of anyone being on Remi for 17 years but I thought it was exciting to hear :dusty:!

Tagging:
crohnsinct
Mehita
Jmrogers4
Tesscorm
pdx
Farmwife

Maya142

Staff member
Wow, has remicade been around that long? 😮
I wish Grace could still take it. 😔
I think Remicade was out then...maybe even a little before then. Or she could have been in clinical trials. I think there was one anti-TNF released in 1998 but I'm not sure if that was Remicade or Enbrel.

Yes, the nurse at Seattle Children's Hospital Pediatric GI dept says that she herself has been on Remicade for 10 years.

Last edited:
My older daughter told me today that she met someone through a friend at the arthritis foundation who also has arthritis and is on Remicade. She has been on Remicade for 17 years!! 17!!! She started Remicade very close to when it first came out and is now in her 30s.

I have never heard of anyone being on Remi for 17 years but I thought it was exciting to hear :dusty:!

Tagging:
crohnsinct
Mehita
Jmrogers4
Tesscorm
pdx
Farmwife
I'm at 16 months on Remicade with my infusions being every 4 weeks. For the first time in almost 2 year's I am very close to being able to say I'm in remission from my severe UC. My 19 year old son has also recently been diagnosed with UC, but is doing the oral meds & getting IV iron infusions for blood loss anemia. His doctor recently told him if he doesn't achieve remission soon then we may be hooked up to Remicade IV's beside each other. I met someone at my infusion center who has been on it for 13 years & said it's been her miracle. I'm hoping it's mine & many others miracle drug as well. Best of luck to you!!