• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade to start soon... just found forum, yay!

Hello all,
I happened upon this forum when searching for Remicade info. In a way I am glad to see you all on here, :smile: however, it is really crappy (pun intended) that so many of us are dealing with IBDs. :eek2:

A bit about me:
I am 40. This is my 8th year since diagnosis with CD, had an ileostomy in 2010 and it was reversed last summer. Since then an all out attack has been going on with obstructions, strictures and many ER visits and admissions along with colonscopies to see what is brewing in there... :yrolleyes:

I must say the past months have been less than enjoyable as the CD has been coupled with suspected ankylosing spondilitis. My back/hip are in extreme pain sporadically, when not extreme the pain is mild and very limiting, and there is no determinable cause... frustrating to say the least. Happily, I will be seeing a rheumatologist in a week to get the ball rolling on the AS/other arthritis and HOPEFULLY get mobility and life back to normal. :ybiggrin:

Back to the Remicade - Is there someone out there who can share with me the experience of the first infusion?

Thanks very much!

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome to the community. I'm glad you found your way here but am sorry to hear of your struggles.

Out of curiosity, is the back/hip pain on the mid to lower right side?

All mu best to you.

David

Co-Founder
Dustykat -- my brain is slow today. What is the name of that condition where the inflamed terminal ileum presses on and causes issue with the right kidney and/or its duct?

David

Co-Founder
That's the one. Thanks Dusty! I was looking for Neph... in the wiki heheh.

Anyway luomadawn, Hydronephrosis may be something to ask your doctors about.