• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade too late!!

Hi!

I have been on Remi and Imuran now for 4 years and have been in a deep Remision. I take it once every 8 weeks.
Now due an infection I am on week 10 without an infusion. Luckily the infection is gone, but they can schedule me only on monday which will make it 11 weeks.

I feel so scared that I might flare up (As I feel a dull ache in my belly atm, I just dont know if this is crohns or because I am stressing so much)
Also I am sooo scared that if I get my infusion next week again, the remicade wont work... (antibodies etc)

Any tips? What can I do? Any experience??

I was on Remicade for three years. I had to delay an infusion a couple of times because of an infection. Once I started having some symptoms, but they stopped once I got my infusion. You should really try not to stress so much about things you have no control over. Stress just makes things worse.