• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade user for 9 years, repeated SWOLLEN glands and viruses

I am brand new, hope I am doing this right. My 23 yr old daughter has been on remicade for 8-9 years. She has been experiencing colds and HUGE glands . We just had a couple removed from her neck surgically and thank God it wasn't Lymphoma as they had suspected. Now, a couple weeks later-ANOTHER terrible cold. Does anyone have any insight? Similiar problem? Thanks oodles!

When was she doc with crohns
Chronic granulomaltous happens in kids and tends to mimic Crohn's disease
As do other primary immunodeficiency disorders ...
Has she had testing to rule out chronic granulomaltous ?
Any genetic testing done for early onset Ibd or other immunodeficiency disorders ???

There was one that causes gland swelling
I will get back to you

Dear Mr. Chicken, Thank you, I will look those things up. She was diagnosed at age 9. I will spend some time researching what you mentioned!

Any kiddo so before the age of 10 is considered early onset Ibd which is considered more monogenic disease like now
Ds is 11 and was Ds at age 7.
Very early onset disease is less than 6 years of age