• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade works but now starting Humira

I have been on remicade for the last two years. It is working great but my veins are not working so well anymore. In two months my doctor want to change me to humira. He says he has never taken anyone off remicade when it is working and put them on humira. I am worried that humira is not going to work because remicade does work. I also don't think that I could stick myself. He says they can show my mom or boyfriend but I am still scared. Oh I don't know what to do! :(

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
If Remi is working, that really SUCKS that would take you off of it. Are there any other veins that they can use? Can they use the back of your hand?Even a leg would be better than quitting. I would try EVERYthing to stay on it if it was working.
If you do end up going to the Humira, it's really not that bad of a poke. I've never done it to myself, but my husband does it. Watch the video on www.myhumira.com . It's very easy to do.
Good luck!

Yeah both of my arms don't work to well anymore, and they have used my hands. Its from going to the er room. They always mess up my arms! I feel like they don't know what they are doing there in the er. I am trying to think of all the good from humira. Like no more wasting my Saturdays sitting there for three hours and being grump the rest of the day. That it only take 10 seconds. No iv!!! I am just hopeful that everything will work out great.

I've been on Humira for almost 3 years now.
I couldn't use the syringe, just couldn't.... I have an abnormal fear of needles.
I went to my local nurse and she would stick me.

But the pen came in here in Ireland last January, and I got the nurse to try it with me.... guess what... I've been doing it myself ever since.

Believe me, if I can do it, anyone can.

I had meningitis when I was young and had to have a lumber puncture (spinal tap). it was the most painful thing I've ever gone through. Scared me off needles ever since.