• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade

I have a 17 year old handicapped child with ulcertive colitis,she was diagnoised in 2006 been on several different meds,her last scope was last week and doctor told me we need to start remicade.i am so scared of all the side effects with this.my daughter does not show pain which makes this whole thing worse the only way to monitor her uc is by scopes..she does not have diarrheah, she is the opposite she does not go for 5-7 days,but her last colonoscopy she had several ulcers and they have done to endoscopes one in march and it showed 1 ulcer the other day the scope showed 6 more..I am at my wits end any kind of feedback of this medication will help,the thing that scares me most is the rare fatal cancer

go with the doctor, I was scared too, I am starting remicade soon, side effects are rare and untreated crohns or UC is a lot worse than potential side effects of the medicine. I hope things get better for your daughter soon

Hello Jessie's mom. I am sorry about your daughter being sick. A big welcome to the forum. We also have the parents forum. I understand about the hard decision you have to make, remicade has terrible side effects but fortunately they are very rare. Crohn's is different for everybody. You may have the worst pain, blood, loose stools all day. On the opposite it can be very silent, like in my daughter's case. No pain, no blood, not a lot of loose stools. Some people suffer from constipation. My daughter's is doing great on remicade, I do worry about everything but I am focusing on her being good right know and trying to be positive. I wish you the best and hopefully your daughter gets better very soon.