• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade!!

Just for anyone worrying about going on to remicade...

it has been our miracle and I thank God and the consultant everyday for the wonder it has worked! We have had 4 doses now and it is amazing. Our son(16) is in the middle of GCSE exams here in the UK which are serious exams and he has loads of them. I have never seen him under so much stress and before remicade we would have had every crohns symptom in the book thanks to the stress and not made it but ... despite looser stools he has got into every exam- we are so proud of him. The grades may not turn out how they should due to such absence this year but he has done himself proud against the massive odds.

These kids are amazing and I would fully support remicade despite the potential risks. the positive aspects far outweigh the negative - he has his life back.

:dusty: for REMICADE :dusty: (we love it too:thumleft:)

I'm so glad it's gotten better!

I hope it continues for a LOOONNNGGGG while!

HUGS

Whoo Hoo yep riding the remicade bandwagon here as well, 2 more days of school, big finals and a week until infusion so far no problems

You must be so proud of your son! And thanks for the encouragement. I have a sneaking suspicion remicade may be in our future.

I wouldn't hesitate to go on to remicade having seen how well he is. It must be good because his stress levels have been at an all time high with GCSE exams here in UK. Very serious time and he has worried he may need the toilet but hasn't done and no bleeding etc so it must be doing something