• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

remission but not doing well

The battle with Crohn's started a little over a year ago. I am on remicade infusions every six weeks. But I am still having a battle with food. Even if I follow a crohns diet it doesn't seem to matter. I have no appetite, constantly nauseated, and a feeling of fullness. I have to force myself to eat and that's not going well. Im rapidly losing weight. Any suggestions?

Not that it will be the same for you, but often there might be something you can't tolerate. Could be dairy like my mother or acidy fruits etc. Just keep experimenting. Look up on elimination diet too. Tailor a diet to suit you. The crohn's diet is very generic.

Thank you for your feed back. I have tried all those things. was drinking only ensure shakes. As soon as I started to introduce food my body was pissed. And the IBS began. I feel like I am on every med to help but nothings working. Some days it just seems easier not to eat.

David

Co-Founder
Hi Candee,

I suspect that you're not actually in remission. Well, maybe clinical remission but certainly not a deep, stable remission.

Anyway, since you're having so much trouble with food, I suggest you research enteral nutrition (click here) and discuss the idea with your doctor. Not only will it help you get the nutrients you need, but studies have shown it can also help you gain and maintain remission.

All my best to you.