• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remission over already?

Jessi

Hey everybody!

I was diagnosed with severe active UC mid-May this year and went directly into remission using Asacol HD and Prednisone. I use the word "remission" lightly, because the crappy feelings never went away. I can literally feel every ulcer from rectum to cecum - and yes, my entire colon is laced with ulcers.

Now, done with the Pred, I am taking Asacol HD along with Remicade. I just had my 2nd infusion last Friday (on the 0, 2, 6, Q8 schedule). Today, 2 days later, my stool is loosening and becoming more frequent (from 1 BM/day to 5 so far today, each with urgency.) Maybe I'm getting sick again?

For 7 months before my remission, I was using the jon 10 - 20 times a day. I'm sure everyone here is familiar with that excitement...

Anyone have advice or thoughts to share with this newbie?

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Jessi and welcome! I am sorry your aren't doing well. It may be too soon to tell if Remicade will or will not work for you. It just may need more time. I suggest posting in the Remicade Club; I bet you'll get a great response there.

Hi Jessi!

Sucks that you're feeling sick, but I know how you feel. I spent alot of time trying to get into my first remission, and later this May, I finally did it with the help of Imuran. Three weeks later, I'm sick again! What a great feeling, eh? I love how it gives you a little taste of normalcy and a healthy life, then goes snatches it away, laughing at your misery. :) What a lovely disease. Hopefully you'll find the Remicade starts working for you.

Best of luck :)

Hi Jessi welcome to the forums. Try to be patient with Remicade. From my personal experience with it it took a while for the healing to get to a point where I felt like I was in remission. Some people respond to it quickly but I think others have a more gradual response to it. Try to stay positive and if it's not working after maybe 3 or 4 infusions you might need to talk to your doc.

Jessi

So, as it goes, I'm feeling fine!

It was just a one-day upset, nothing to stress about. Must've been something I ate, eh?

Whew!:emot-dance:

Thank you everybody for your collective concern. I hope everyone is well.