• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

remission was short lived

Welp...not only was my remission over-rated (I still felt crappy from other illnesses and crohn's complications), it was also very short. I am flaring a gain after only a few short months of remission. On a taper of prednisone now but disappointing and sad. Hoping I can avoid the hospital and it doesn't get too out of hand...Boooo. :(

Aww that sucks. I feel your pain. I was doing awesome on Remicade...for 2 weeks. It was so disappointing. It had just got me symptoms free after injection 5 then 2 weeks later, bam, cramping and blood in stool (that had previously disappeared). Its really hard to constantly go from feeling decent back to crap. I hope your flare up is short.

For now yes. I had been on every 4 week after my induction (as I didn't respond to it) and after 2 four week infusions I am suppose to be try to stretch to 8 weeks. The symptoms aren't horrible, I could live with them but it is for sure not the same as the first 2 weeks were after my last infusion.