• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remission...

remission...

hey all,

i know it's been a while.

here's an update.

i've been on remicade since last november (after the loading doses, i've been going every 8 weeks).. i had stopped taking my Imuran in January. so i'm only on remicade.

no side effects from the remicade...

i've been eating anything i want *(BUT, i'm going to start being more careful again because i don't want to relapse - also i need to lose the extra weight)... haven't had a flare up since december... or maybe january? it's been a few months now though.

the last time i saw my GI, he said my blood work looks great.. and he said since i continue to improve and haven't mentioned any symptoms acting up, he thinks that i am in 'clinical and biological remission'...

now i just need to get another colonoscopy so he can examine the intestinal lining, to see if it's healed.

after that i will know if i'm in complete remission!

:mbh:

i'm so happy, in April, i FINALLY completed my degree... it was very rough for me attending school part-time (all day saturdays) and going to work full-time the last couple years with the Crohn's issues... but i made it!

and to celebrate these things, i'm going to ITALY this summer!!! :biggrin:

anyway, i just want to tell you all, thank you for all of the support... being able to come here and vent, share experiences/relate, get encouragement and learn new things was very helpful... it was a major transition having to deal with the health challenges and accept that i have crohn's...

but i feel i've come a long way, and i'm very blessed that i seem to be responding well to treatment.

i think this is my most positive post to date lol... so i thought i'd pass on the positive energy... i'm amazed that just over a year ago, i was a mess... i felt very discouraged and was scared...

now i realize that things can and will get better (even if rough bouts happen here and there along the journey)... so enjoy the good times while you can!

hope everyone else is hangin in there... best wishes to you all!

Last edited:

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Isn't it amazing!? I am in remission on Remi right now, and can't believe how really sick I was before I started it. It's nice to live again, ya' know?
Congrats on finishing your school work as well!

My question is, why would your doc need to do a colonoscopy? If I felt like I was in remission, I would just believe that instead of messing with the prep and stuff.

Cheeky, I also found this forum because of a flare up and the suggestion of Remi. I was scared of it, but because of people like Peaches and others, I overcame my fears of side effects and I haven't regreted a minute of taking the treatments. It has put me in remission like you and I feel great.

Here's to long remissions for all of us.

Yay Thanks Everyone!!! I'm so pleased that other people are gradually coming along with their treatment or are in remission - that's fantastic!!

MBH - i think my GI wants to do the colonoscopy because he wants to ensure that things healed well enough - and we're both curious about what's happening inside me... i had a bad stricture (at first they thought i'd need a resection if treatment didn't help) and he said early on that sometimes when people heal during remi treatments, they heal in a way that still has narrowing in the area of the stricture instead of opening up enough (know what i mean?)... we're hoping that's not the case for me (i haven't had any signs or symptoms of obstruction).

the prep is never a good time, but hey, maybe it'll be the last time for a while.

also, my next colonscopy is scheduled in october which is over a year since my last one (august 2009).

i'm happy for all of you! for those of you having a hard time still, i hope that things improve soon!

Last edited:
Cheeky, I also found this forum because of a flare up and the suggestion of Remi. I was scared of it, but because of people like Peaches and others, I overcame my fears of side effects and I haven't regreted a minute of taking the treatments. It has put me in remission like you and I feel great.

Here's to long remissions for all of us.

yes, i was scared of Remi too.. I also found Peaches MBH and others helpful.

thanks again to all you awesome and supportive people!

Cheers! :D