• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

remission!!

Hello!
I wanted to post my success story. In June of 2013 I was diagnosed with Moderate to Severe Crohn's Disease. I started Cimzia and Imuran and just had another colonoscopy yesterday. I am so happy to say that I am in remission.
I want to let everyone know to never loose faith and to keep fighting. Although at times it can seem hopeless, remission is possible.
Take care!!

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you that your treatment is working/worked so well for you!

It goes to show how different cases of Crohns go different ways.
I was diagnosed with Moderate to Severe Crohns January 2013, yet I'm still not in remission and about to have surgery!

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Congratulations newway! :D So glad to hear another success story.

How often does your GI want to do scopes? Are you having blood work done once a month or more often since you're on Imuran and MTX?

I'm glad you're doing well. Hope you stick around and keep us posted on how you're doing. :)

Hi Ki3,

What treatment are you on? I hope that this surgery works for you and it goes smoothly. I am sorry you have to go through this. I pray for a speedy recovery for you!

Hi Jennifer,

I had blood work done every week for a month with the Imuran to make sure I could tolerate it. Not sure when the next scope will be scheduled.

I will defiantly keep everyone posted. I was off line for awhile waiting to see if this combo was working.
The last scope showed my colon and large intestine tissue in remission.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hopefully they are continuing the blood work as both the MTX and Imuran could affect the liver. They could have you do it once a month or every 3 months (I don't suggest going longer than that) for as long as you're taking the medication. :)

Hey newway,

I'm currently tapering off steroids (I was only put on them to control me while we waited to hear about surgery) and I'm on Imuran. Thank you for your prayers much appreciated :D

I hope you stay happy and healthy for as long as possible!