• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remistart question

We didn't apply for Remistart last year, since we hadn't heard of it until after we had already reached our out-of-pocket max for the year. I'm applying for next year, and have a question for those of you who use the program. We have a 20% copay on infusion drugs, and we pay it on the day of the infusion, as we check in. It will be about $700 for the first infusion of the year, and then $300 for the second infusion, and then we'll have hit our out-of-pocket max for the year.

I talked to someone at Remistart, and they said that they can mail us a check (rather than sending a rebate card), since we'll have paid the co-pay ourselves already. But they said that the check will be in my daughter's name, since she's the patient. My daughter doesn't have a bank account, and my bank account is with an out of state bank, so I don't know how we'd even cash the check. I guess she can open a bank account with a local bank. Anyway, I'm sure we can figure it out, but just wondered if anyone else has done their rebate this way, with a check.

my little penguin

Staff member
We have gotten rebates from other drugs written to my son the bank just said for us to sign it and write parents on it
No issues

Same here. We'very gotten rebates in C's name when he was younger and we just had him sign then hubby signed under it and we deposited it into our account.

It seems the bank teller said it was easier to do that and deposit it than cash it but I may be wrong.