• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Research Medication & Clinics

Hi Ive had both crohns & ulcerative colitis for almost 29 yrs now. My doctor opened a research clinic for crohns and colitis about 3-4 years ago. Ive done 2 different research drugs and one was a placebo where we notices it wasn't medication cause I was getting worse from my symptoms and pains and he confirmed it with a colonoscopy so we went to try actual medication. Within 2 month nothing was getting better and I was actually getting medication and we were back to square one. I did another study and it ended up being actual medication, I was doing ok for the first 3 months symptoms were getting better but unfortunately I started to get worse again ( Im so fed up not getting any results) so now im back at just a waiting games and I have another chance to do another drug but I really don't know. I need suggestions on this please any help is help :( :sign0085:

my little penguin

Staff member
So what have you tried so far ?
There are appt of new meds in the last 5 years even

Remicade
Humira
Simponi
Cimizia
Entivyio
Stelara
Ivig
Ilaris
Kineret
Plus
Mtx /Imuran/6-mp and combos of the above

Have you had genetic testing done ?
Exclusive enteral nutrition (een formula only )?

Ds has been on remicade humira and now Stelara
But has only been dx since age 7 so 8 years now