• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Retrovaginal fistula

Hi all
So I have had Crohns for 46 yrs had numerous surgeries last was in 2013 where I had my colon removed as Well as fistula s.
I had no symptoms since then up until last week where I have noticed blood on the toilet paper I get mucus coming from my rectum which is also coming through my vagina tonight there is bright red blood coming through both ends with mucus. Has anyone else had this happen? will contact my IBD nurse tomorrow. Don't have any pain but it freaked me out big time

Trysha

Staff member
Hi Barmybev66......that would really freak me out too.
The sooner you contact your doctor the better.......could be fistula again...no good trying to guess.
Your GI team will know how best to diagnose and treat you.
If the bleeding increases it’s best to go straight to the emergency...
Feel better soon
Hugs
Trysha

So rang and e mailed IBD nurses explaining what was happening she has suggested I try using suppositries to help with the mucus and to mention it to my GI at my appointmemt which isn't till the end of March!
Told her I was more concerned about the blood and she said there maybe some inflammation. So why then is my blood test that I had done yesterday come back as normal.
The CRP is still 1 full blood count is normal red and white blood cells all normal
Feeling really confused 😞😩

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
It does sound like you may have a fistula - can you get in to see a GYN and have them check it? You definitely don't want to let it go for too long and possibly develop an infection!