• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Returning to Entyvio after 6 months

I need help and hope you can provide that. My doctor stopped Entyvio after a serious bout of pneumonia. That was in December. I am getting chronic colitis and need to get back on treatment. Entyvio is my only choice right now due to various reasons. My doctor wants me on Singulair for a week prior and prednisone the day before and morning of to prevent an allergic reaction. I am very nervous- I am prone to URI as well. I am due to resume next week. Any feedback positive or negative would be gratefully received.
Thank you

I have not been tested lately for the antibodies so will check on that. Thanks
Prevar? Is that for pneumonia? Yes if so I had that. Then developed pneumonia 3 months later. I have asthma and am prone to upper respiratory infections.

Thanks so much
Beth

Thank you. I had both vaccines. I start Entyvio tomorrow. I am taking anti-histamine and Prednisone as pre med. Appreciate your assistance. :smile: