• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Rice Cakes

I love rice cakes, but I just noticed that the package says 8 grams of whole grain brown rice per piece! I always eat around 3 or so. I had no idea it was whole grain brown rice. Is that bad to eat? I’m still new to figuring out what I can eat and not eat. Is there such a thing as regular white rice, rice cakes? Or are they all whole grain brown rice?

Thank you so much for your help.

scottsma

I've just looks at my packet of rice cakes and it says 29% wholegrain rice. Like Ron says
wholegrain is supposed to be better BUT some people with IBD can not tolerate fibre so stick to white rice,bread,pasta etc.So if you haven't had a problem before I would say go ahead and enjoy them.Welcome to the forum,why not tell us how you came to be here.We're all very interested in other folks symptoms,meds etc.

I believe they are all brown rice. That is what I've noticed on labels. I've become a recent eater of rice cakes. I've found they help improve my energy levels. That is so long as I don't eat to many. At least for now more than 3 in a day and I'll feel queazy to my stomach. I'm hoping to be able to eat more with out issue in the future.