• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Rituals and Habbits?

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
Has your Crohn's or UC caused you to develop some habits that others wouldn't think of or give a second thought? Since my diagnosis with CD I have:

* Looked around for available restrooms (almost everywhere I go)
* Double checked the stalls for toilet paper.
* Checked my poo (Yuck! Disgusting but I feel I need to know)
* keep extra underwear and slacks at work
* Worry occasionally that I won't make it to the restroom, or that I'll throw-up in front of others. I hate those worries!

Last edited:
Oh yeah. Every single one you have listed, I deal with too. I also keep an emergency supply of underwear in the glove box of each vehicle. And in each handbag...each backpack...you get the picture ;)

The first thing i do when i go into a new place is check to see where the restrooms are, and definitely check things when i have a bm. I can tell you where the cleanest bathrooms are, and who has the softest toilet paper where i live. It definitely interesting the way we get to look at things.

everything you said Andi, plus I compulsively use TP. I use a LOT. I'm really paranoid about not being 100% perfectly clean, especially when explosive D hits...
even when I have a normal bathroom experience, I still use like 15 rounds of toilet paper.

Jessi

My ritual is to log on to www.crohnsforum.com every single day.

Plus I talk about UC or CD way too often. Bad habit.

I also will pick sesame seeds off of hamburger buns at restaurants.

I HAVE to know where every toilet is no matter where I go. My family and boyfriend are fantastic with this, they've picked up the habit themselves teehee. I'm also well known among family and friends as a bit of a walking toilet/bathroom refedex - I know where they are, how many stalls they have, if they need a key, if you need to BYO toilet paper etc.
I also check my poop and wipe way too much (usually resulting in a sore bum)

Just thought of something else I do...if I am at home and have to poop, I will hold out until I am ready for my nightly shower. Doesn't matter if that's 5 hours away. Showering directly afterward is the only way you can really be sure :shifty-t:

Oh and if I'm staying at someone's place for a few days, or on vacation I can literally hold out from pooing for up to a week (which I have done on more than 1 occasion). I have an iron ability to hold it in. It's really not healthy.

sorry keep realizing / remembering abnormal stuff I do...

OMG! How can you all hold it in like that? I can't hold it for more than about 5 seconds! Before CD, I would never use a public restroom. Now, don't care! I could (and have) pulled over on the side of the highway and crapped in a field. Yeah, I know, TMI.