• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Rosacea!!!

Hi all, have had Crohns for almost 20 years now. Have just been diagnosed with ROSACEA!! Totally gutted, as if we don't have enough problems 😩. Face is a right mess at mo, constant burning sensation, thread veins, spotty rash etc. Work front of house so having to really pile the make-up on 🤡. Anyone found much relief/success with any of the prescribed creams? Have also heard that Avene anti-redness calming lotion is said to be really helpful, but don't want to fork out for it if it's just a myth. Any help would be very much appreciated 🙏🙏🙏

Cetaphil!! Also had good results after some experimentation with La Roche-Posay Rosaliac range.

It does abate once you find something that's soothing enough, try not to stress. I've also found that coming off the pill seems to have helped! Could be a coincidence but who knows :)

Last edited:
Hey Sophabulous, thanks for the advice, I'll try anything at the moment, as really gutted about the diagnosis. Trying not to be vain about it all, but I feel so conscious. Crohns flare up too, so can only presume that this is having an adverse affect on the Rosacea.
Thankyou 😘

Funnily enough, my Mum has just this minute told me that's she's trying avene for her psoriasis and she's not waking up in the night itching now! The bottle she's got is a really decent size too so it's probably good value overall. I'm going to look into it myself!

my little penguin

Staff member
Fwiw Ds was told he had Rosacea
In his case a third opinion dermo determine it was from reactions to remicade
Stopped remicade after true allergic reaction
The Rosacea and other skin issues stopped immediately
And he has been on humira ever since