• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Rotten egg burps

Hi Everyone, I'm Evan and I'm from Illinois. I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease about five years ago now and am currently in remission thanks to my savior, Remicade.

I'm reaching out because I have a rather embarrassing issue that has been transpiring for about six months now. I have burps that smell like rotten eggs. They smell so bad that it makes my stomach churn every time I smell them. My wife tries to be supportive but it has definitely affected our levels of intimacy. And I can't say that I blame her.

It seems that everything in my life is somehow related to Crohn's Disease so I figure this is as well. Has anyone here had rotten egg burps? If so, what caused it or how did you solve the issue?

David

Co-Founder
Hi Evan and welcome to the forum! I'm pleased you've found your way here. That's absolutely amazing that Remicade as you in remission, I'm very pleased for you.

I see you got some answers to the rotten egg burps question in that other thread. If you do talk to your doctor about h.pylori or SIBO as a potential cause, will you report back what they say or if they test for it?

Again, welcome :)

Welcome Footy, I don't have rotten egg burps but often times gas exiting from my other end smells that way :/

Hope you get answers to your question and Welcome aboard!! :)

Hi I thought I would update all of you. I tested positive for h.pylori!! I am currently taking medication for this and my stinky burps are noticeably reduced. Thank you for your help my wife and everyone around me appreciates it more than me and I appreciate it A LOT!

Hi I thought I would update all of you. I tested positive for h.pylori!! I am currently taking medication for this and my stinky burps are noticeably reduced. Thank you for your help my wife and everyone around me appreciates it more than me and I appreciate it A LOT!
I found this site searching about burping and h.pylori. Is the sulfur smell gone yet or does it continue to persist? I am thinking of asking my doctor to test me as I have the same issue as you.