• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Rough Skin

Just wondering if anyone has had problems with their skin. My skin feels very rough, not itchy. Is there something I can rub onto it. Will it go away. 9 months on Humira

hawkeye

Staff member
I am not on Humira, but have rough skin, especially during the winter - some of it is due to the winter climate. I try to use hand cream a few times a day when I notice my hands getting dry.

I have some very small patches of psoriasis. My GI told me that is what they are. Are you dry skin areas raised?

I had dry/rough spots here and there, mostly on my face. I found taking zinc in a high dose, 50mg elemental daily, which was prescribed for hair loss, cleared up all of the skin issues. Also no more white spots on my nails.

I think elemental means the actual amount of zinc you're getting. It says on the pottle: zincaps 137.4mg (50mg elemental).
Not sure you'll be able to get that otc, you may need a prescription or try a lower dose to see if that helps. I was tested for my zinc level, which was low, before the dermatologist gave me this. You might want to get tested first.

Thank you however I drink lots and lots of water daily my downfall is the alcohol on the weekends. I also eat many fruit and veg so I think I doing all the right things. Feel like my immune is really flat atm so hoping nothing is developing! Crohns is in remission so at least that's good :)

Hi, anyone else having Excema issue after long term Humira use ?
I have been on Humira about 1.5 years now, and about 7 months ago my Dyshidrotic Eczema started. I went to a dermatioligist and they cant fix it at all. Dont get me wrong, I can live with it as my crohns is in remission from the humira. I was just wondering if anyone else was living with that side effect ?

Dx'd JAN ,3/2013
Meds: AZA, Lialdo .. almost no effect
LDN - 4 months - mild help,
Preg - 1 year on/off - good effect
humira 1.5 years - remission