• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ruminococcus gnavus

Never heard of the particular bacterium before but it is interesting.

Changes in the gut microbiome have long been linked with Crohn's disease and other forms of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), but the biology behind those links has remained murky. Researchers at the Broad Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), and Harvard Medical School (HMS) have now found that one bacterium, Ruminococcus gnavus, which is associated with Crohn's disease, releases a certain type of polysaccharide (or a chain of sugar molecules) that triggers an immune response.

I will be targeting it in a few days using a frequency treatment based on it’s partially sequenced DNA profile. Once it has been fully sequenced I will have a better shot at it.

Not expecting any perceivable response given I have no current Crohn’s problems but “nothing ventured, nothing gained”.

Dan

I saw the articles about the bacterium. Apparently this particular type usually makes up a small proportion of the bacteria in the gut, but appears to bloom to a much larger proportion during flairs.