• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Running to the Potty for a Week....

Yes, it's true.
I've been having diarrhea for over a week straight now.
Did stool samples, all came back negative.
No colitis, no parasites, no salmonella, etc.
So what the heck???

Only relation I can find is that I've been tapering Prednisone.
Otherwise I'm on Asacol and Azathioprine. Any of these cause anyone
else this problem?

Looks like I'll be contacting my doctor again. :(

Yes, immodium works. But it works TOO well.
It constipates me for 3 days, so I don't use it unless I NEED to leave
the house. Plus it always comes back.
Yeah, if you need me I'll be chained to my toilet in my house for the
next 10 years...:ylol2: :ybatty: :voodoo:

lol, silly thought, you even thought of having less?

;)

i always cut my immodiums into quaters, that seems to give butt the break it needs without the C

Hi Mini,

So sorrrrreeeeee i cant help ya.

Though hey that doesn't make me steal the doctors limelight....or his fees.

Good luck to you

Bruscar

Have you tried a bit of Pepto Bismal...I know some people can't hack it...but it works for me! It's less powerful than Immodium, so it may give you a bit of relief. What kind of diet are you on?? You could try a low residue diet for a bit and see if that brings any change...no fibre is key to my D...but it's always there in some capacity, some days are better than others.

You could be having a minor flare-up and not know it, as when I flare-up I cann't even finish a plate of food or beverages before I am running to the restroom with the runs.
Just something to check on. Other then that I am as lost as you, sorry. Best of wishes to you though. And may your days be brighter and full of joys.
Sincerely and Respectfully, Gary

Mini...
In answer to your original question, I'm on Asacol and Azathioprine and I find that about 80% of the time I (almost) poop like a normal person! But I'm also prone to both C & D, but not sure what sets these off... but I think it might be due to sitting at work, getting stressed and "holding it in"