• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Running with crohns?

Does anyone run a lot w crohns? I have been trying to run more outside w crohns. I do have a lot of D, pain, and a lot of fatigue but in my better days which is a couple days a week I try to get outside for a 1-2 mile run.

If there are runners out there, do you get a lot of side pains that almost make it impossible to continue running? I have a lot of ulcerations in the duodendum ad where the large and small intestine meet but I don't know if these side pains are coming from this. The side pain is always in the same spot for me which is right below the right rib cage. The pain becomes so bad that it gets hard to breathe. This side pain sometimes even persists even when i stop running. I try to drink enough water but my disease does tend to dehydrate me, regardless of how much water i drink. If anyone can provide any feedback on if they have issues w this that would help. Thanks

Hi. its good that you are getting out and doing something. i do like to run too.but in a flare so im back to walking.do you stretch before you run?