• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sad News about Crohn's Dad

Some terribly sad news about Alan Schachter was posted on the Books and Multimedia Forum but I thought I would post it here too as I know many of us parents have had contact with Alan.

http://crohnsdad.com/2012/07/09/only-the-good-die-young/

Because of some posts that Alan made a couple of weeks ago I have begun looking at SCD and the paleo diet. Thanks Alan for your generous sharing of knowledge. My heart goes out to the Schachter family.

Oddly I had never really considered the Paleo diet, but I saw someone post about his death a couple days ago and started reading up on his blog and am now intrigued. So, in a small way, his loss may have an impact in my life. I guess that seems odd. Regardless it seems as if he was a great man and helpful to so many, especially his daughter. So very sad.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Oh my goodness. This is so very sad, what a difficult and heartbreaking time for his loved ones and friends. His passion, drive, knowledge and questioning and enquiring mind will be sorely in the IBD community. :(

RIP Alan and my sincere condolences to his family.

Dusty.