• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Same old story, just another new voice...

Kev

New here... Hmmm, this is reminiscent of some 12 step programs I've been in.

My name is Kev, and I'm a (hmm, new at this, what is the term to use? Do I say I've got colitis, diverticulitis, pancreatitis, all of the above... or what??)Hey, how about... My name is Kev, and I'm a sore asshole? Maybe not, I'm too new at this... don't think I've fully paid my dues (yet).. OK, seriously, I have/had pancreatitis, pancreatic cysts, polycystitus, diverticulitis & colitis.(and a partridge in a pear tree).. Oh, and previously proctitis & fistulas (Sp?)

First came down with this sort of thing way back in early 90's. Doctors never were able to pinpoint what I had, despite sigmoidscopic & barium x-rays exams... They treated it at the time with steroid enemas, and after 45 days it all went away... Fast forward to Nov 2004... Thought I had stomach flu.. Eventually ended up in hospital... diagnosis... See all of the above... Forward to now... Have had multiple surgeries, numerous CT scans, x-rays, sonograms and (WOO HOO) colonscopies... After last operation, (mid Feb) doctors told me I was cured... 100%... Go home, get my life back, forget all about them.

End of May, with little/no fanfare, it all came back, and in most rapid fashion. I am currently taking meds, and living (ha ha) on a strict low fat, low fibre, low residure, hi protein diet (can everybody here say 'cat food'? I knew you could).. Oh, and to add insult to injury, a low lactose or lactose free diet.. Plus no alcohol, no caffiene, you know, the little things that you normally take for granted (God, I would kill for a nice steak and a draft of amber ale)... But, I'm alive, and this time, instead of progressively getting worse, I'm stable (at least physically - the jury is still out on my mental & emotional states of mind) and seem to be ever so slowly improving... Will see if the doctor agrees on my next visit... Just sort of coming to terms with the possibility that the doctors will not find a 'cure'... and that I'll have to revise my plans for the life that I'd forseen for myself... And in that stead, it shows how much of a newbie I am!

OK, so that's my story... (long winded & boring).. A Very Special Thank You to Debbie from CFIC to pointing out this site to me. It really helped a lot!!!

Kev

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL

I am sure that you will find this to be a WONDERFUL PLACE to come. I may not be the one with CROHN'S but my LOVING HUSBAND does and coming here and meeting all of these wornderful folks has made me a better person and I am sure that you will find that out as well. so have a great time and the door is always open for one more !!

K

Kate

Kev welcome to the site hope you find it useful

All the best kate

E

ElaineH

Hi Kev and welcome to the site! Look forward to reading your posts :) :)

Elaine xx

V

Valentina

Hi Kev, welcome to the site. sounds like youve managed to keep your sense of humour.. always a good thing.

D

DannyB

Hye Kev, welcome to the site mate. enjoy the good vibes.

D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

Hi Kev
:welcome: hope to see you around posting

cookey

Mama Crohnie
(((KEV))) so glad you joined and you're very welcome my friend. You will like it here, fantastic group of people who are most certainly the most understanding, who have the greatest concerns for us all. You know where to find me should you need anything. Big Huge Hugs!! Deb* A.k.a. Cookey around the forums.

Last edited: