• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Saying hello. New, currently mild, still scared

Hi,

I have a fairly recent diagnosis of Crohn's (2-3 months). My symptoms are primarily mild abdominal pain, although what led to dx was more severe pain, bloating (inflammatory fluid, apparently), and bleeding, which I haven't had since I first went on antibiotics when my doc thought it was an infection.

I have to say thank you to the people on this forum, as I have been regularly consulting it ever since beginning to think this might be what I have-- to know that there are people like me going through this and to check in about treatments that I read about or that my doctor recommended. This has seriously been the most useful place for me to come during what has been an unsettling time, and I really thank the people who are a part of this community.

My doctor wanted to do step down with my disease, but I am uncomfortable at this point with biologics and immunomodulators since my symptoms are so mild. This could turn out to be a mistake, and I suspect my doctor thinks it will be. I am currently on Entocort, Pentasa, and Align.

-A

Lady Organic

Staff member
Hi AnnaP and welcome.

I understand you. You have the right to take a chance and your dr still agreed on your treatment choice. now key with this decision and with any treatment is tight Monitoring with doctors! At the end of your Entocort treatment, you and doctor will get a picture of how you are doing on Pentasa and if this can be a maintenance treatment for you. ask for all test and exam possible to monitor your condition and confirm remission as often as possible. If there is no full remission of blood/test markers and symptoms with Pentasa, I'd reconsider the choice for stronger meds and not wait any longer. Ongoing chronic inflammation, even if felt minor, can lead to other unfortunate events, really something to avoid risking. Good luck and let us know how it goes!