• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Scared and stressed

Hi :cry:

I’ve been having these symptoms for about two years now where I have no urge to do a bowel movement and I can’t seem to go.
I’ve been in and out of the emergency room and I’ve also mentioned it to my GI and he’s not conserned at all he keeps telling me to take laxatives and when I do I still don’t have bowel movements.
I can’t eat anything without it hurting my stomach or making me sick to my stomach.
I’ve been check for bowel obstruction and it came out clear.

Try increasing fibre in your diet - more fresh fruit and veges. Also drink more water. Metamucil once a day is also very helpful. Avoid junk food.

Hi I have Crohn’s and constipation, that’s why I slipped the net and wasn’t diagnosed until I was 50 years old.
My GI consultant referred me to the hospital Dieticians and one visit changed my life forever.
There are 2 types of fibre-soluble and insoluble. Insoluble is bad fibre which will make you worse!
I was prescribed linseeds starting at 1 tablespoon and build up to a max of 4 tablespoons a day.
You can sprinkle the seeds in muesli or yoghurt etc. Golden or brown seeds are both good.
Miraculously within 2 weeks for the first time I was going to the loo EVERY DAY like normal people.
That was 8 years ago and I’m still taking my 4 tablespoons each day.
My GP has stopped prescribing laxatives and insists his patients have a course of linseeds first.
I still can’t believe how I’ve suffered all these years when there was a cheap healthy natural fix out there.
Google soluble fibre food, plenty to choose from.
Good. Luck

I’ve been having these symptoms for about two years now where I have no urge to do a bowel movement and I can’t seem to go.
I’ve been in and out of the emergency room and I’ve also mentioned it to my GI and he’s not conserned at all he keeps telling me to take laxatives and when I do I still don’t have bowel movements.
I can’t eat anything without it hurting my stomach or making me sick to my stomach.
Hi I have Crohn’s and constipation, that’s why I slipped the net and wasn’t diagnosed until I was 50 years old.
My GI consultant referred me to the hospital Dieticians and one visit changed my life forever.
There are 2 types of fibre-soluble and insoluble. Insoluble is bad fibre which will make you worse!
I was prescribed linseeds starting at 1 tablespoon and build up to a max of 4 tablespoons a day.
You can sprinkle the seeds in muesli or yoghurt etc. Golden or brown seeds are both good.
Miraculously within 2 weeks for the first time I was going to the loo EVERY DAY like normal people.
That was 8 years ago and I’m still taking my 4 tablespoons each day.
My GP has stopped prescribing laxatives and insists his patients have a course of linseeds first.
I still can’t believe how I’ve suffered all these years when there was a cheap healthy natural fix out there.
Google soluble fibre food, plenty to choose from.
Good. Luck
intestines can ,believe, it or not stop working or working normal which does exactly what you are going throught , Iwas this way for many years befor ethe doctor throught about "LINZEST" this was a mirical med for me , check it out on line to see if it sounds like you

Last edited:

You may need a upper GI and may a lower GI that WILL tell you whats going on